For Immediate Release:
March 12, 2020
Locals 8 Prepares for Coronavirus
HARTFORD – Locals 8 Restaurant Group has developed a coronavirus (COVID-19) preparedness plan to address the growing concerns of the virus. Locals 8 is the parent company of Plan b Restaurants, The Half Door, Tisane Euro-Asian Cafe, Butchers & Bakers, and Locals 8 Catering.
“Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and safety of our guests and employees are of the utmost importance,” says Allie J. Gamble, founder and CEO of Locals 8 Restaurant Group. “We’re going to raise our usual standards of cleanliness and health safety even higher.”
What We Are Doing Differently to Prepare for Coronavirus
The company is actively monitoring developments and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. Here are the steps Locals 8 is already taking:
- Staff is being required to “scrub” their hands when they start their shifts, when they receive outside deliveries and when they re-enter the building. (Picture how a doctor scrubs and preps for surgery.)
- Staff is doing a deep sanitation of all facilities twice daily, before lunch and dinner service.
- Kitchen is sanitized every 6 hours throughout the day.
- Hot spots are sanitized consistently throughout the day (bathrooms, cash registers, tables, salt and pepper, condiments such as ketchup, doors, check presenters, light switches, etc.)
- Laminated menus are sanitized between every guest.
- Increased supply of hand soap / sanitizer in all locations.
- Guests can order and pay online for take-out and delivery. Go the “Order Online” page of your favorite restaurant.
- Increased staff and products available for take-out and delivery orders.
- New family-style meals are being developed for take-out.
- Will open patios early with heat lamps (weather permitting).
As the situation unfolds, the following steps will be taken in response to public health concerns about the progression of coronavirus, when and if, the situation escalates enough to necessitate the plan outlined below. In order of urgency:
- Limit seating to 100 restaurant patrons at a time.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of your meal.
- We will always have sanitizer for additional requests (as available).
- Create pop-up events that are outdoors.
- Train staff to bring take-out orders to guests’ cars (wearing gloves and practicing coronavirus-safe procedures).
- Practice social distancing within the restaurants with 6 feet between tables.
Locals 8 will also post the latest CDC recommendations in each restaurant to remind guests, staff and visitors:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- If a tissue is not available, sneeze into your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
“The number one thing that we’re worried about is the well-being of our guests and staff. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome and well-fed during this unprecedented situation,” says Gamble.
About Locals 8
Locals 8 Restaurant Group is the award-winning parent company of Plan b Restaurants, The Half Door, Tisane Euro-Asian Cafe, Butchers & Bakers, and Locals 8 Catering. Winners of best burger, beer, and bourbon across four states and nationally known for excellent job creation, the company was founded on the simple belief that good food and drink bring people together – and the world needs more connection.
SkyeLine Studio, LLC